MANUSCRIPT: AC. Ink. Dated: Sunday night. Envelope addressed: Austin Dickinson./Care of Loring Norcross Esq./Boston./Mass.
PUBLICATION: L (1894) 109-111, in part; L (1931) 104-106, in part; Home157-159, entire.
The houses on the east side of the common were close together, and a fire in one endangered a large section. According to the records of the Hampshire County registry of deeds, Edward Dickinson purchased from Nathan Dickinson, 16 March 1840, a house on the east side of the common. William Flynt, a cousin from Monson, had been ill. Henry Frink was landlord of the newly opened Hygeian Hotel (American House).