letters from dickinson to frances and louise norcross

Thomas Johnson's Note on Letter 436

MANUSCRIPT: destroyed.

PUBLICATION: L (1894) 281; LL 298; L (1931) 255-256.

The unveiling of "The Minute Man" monument at Concord, where the Norcross girls now lived, took place on 19 April 1875. Inscribed on the base of the statue are the lines for the occasion: "Here once the embattled farmers stood/And fired the shot heard round the world."

return to letter 436 | index to dickinson/norcross letters

search the archives

dickinson/norcross correspondence main page | dickinson electronic archives main menu

Commentary copyright 1998 by Martha Nell Smith, all rights reserved
Maintained by Lara Vetter <lv26@umail.umd.edu>
Last updated on December 21, 1998